One of the more common issues we deal with at Hanaeleh are horses who spook or shy at certain things. One of our goals as a rescue is to educate the public about horses, so I thought I’d compile a list of 20 reasons horses spook. I hope it helps people understand why horses spook, and when and where this might happen.
20. It’s windy.
19. It’s sunny.
18. It’s cloudy.
17. It’s rainy.
16. They saw a dog.
15. They thought they saw a dog.
14. They saw a dog at some point in their life.
13. It’s a full moon.
12. It’s a crescent moon.
11. There is a moon rotating around the earth.
10. They had their grain.
9. They haven’t had their grain yet.
8. They are eating their grain.
7. They are leaving their stall.
6. They are returning to their stall.
5. They are outside of their stall.
4. They see another horse.
3. They see another person.
2. It’s a day that ends in “y”.
1. They’re horses. Go figure.