Have you ever wanted to know the BEST ways to care for your horse but didn’t know where to turn?
Are you new to horse care? Are you interested in learning more about how to care for horses?
Hanaeleh offers a beginner and an advanced level Horse Care Academy.
These classes teach people the things they won’t learn by taking lessons – how to actually communicate and care for the horse! Whether you are a new horse owner, are thinking of getting a horse, or just love horses, these classes will help you!
Interested in learning more about horse care? Complete the form below and we’ll get in touch with you shortly!
People who attend these classes will learn the basics in horse and human communication. The classes are taught by Dr. Elizabeth Zarkos, the president and founder of Hanaeleh. She has worked with horses for 35 years, but her work with the horses at Hanaeleh has provided her the unique opportunity to gain expert insight into the horse-to-human relationship that is so important when working with horses.
Elizabeth’s philosophy of establishing that relationship is integrated into every lesson.
Beyond the horse/human connection, you’ll learn:
- Grooming- Not just the basics, but some “tips and tricks” that may help make your grooming sessions easier, safer for you, and more enjoyable for your horse.
- Clipping- Participants will practice body clipping, trace clipping, and touch-ups (bridle path, etc.).
- Longeing- Participants will practice both free-longeing and longeing on a line, and will be instructed as to how these can help increase the communication between the horse and human.
- Nutrition- Horses have different nutritional needs, depending upon their breed, age, and workload. Participants will learn what options they have when feeding both hay and supplements.
- Medical Care- Participants will learn how to wrap the legs, care for abscesses, give oral and intravenous medication, and learn when they should call a vet.
- Sensory Training- Taking a horse through a potentially scary hazard doesn’t just help the horse feel more secure, but it helps establish a bond of trust between the horse and human.
- Understanding conformation- Elizabeth will take the participants through the pluses and drawbacks about different conformation types, helping to give them an understanding of why certain horses excel in some disciplines, and why that conformation can lead to lameness or other injuries..
- Fitting bits, bridles and saddles- Participants will learn the difference between multiple types of bits, and will understand how to size and fit bits in a horse’s mouth. They will also look at a number of different types of saddles, the purpose of each, and how to fit them to the horse.
Ready to learn more about horse care in one of our Academies? Our classes fill up quickly so please complete the form below and Elizabeth will get in touch with you shortly!
What other students are saying…
- “Great exposure to a lot of topics! It doesn’t matter what you have done in the past. Excellent class!” -Wendy
- “I had a blast learning all about the horses! Elizabeth provided so much information!” -Hannah T.
- “The in-depth information was the best part of the class. I learned a tremendous amount.” -Natalie B.
- “The class was thoroughly enjoyable- I liked the hands-on under supervision. Great class!” -S.R.
- “My goal was to feel more comfortable and confident around these gorgeous animals and I feel it was accomplished. Highly recommend!” -Cathy J.
Got questions? Just complete the form above and we’ll get in touch with you.