Hanaeleh is offering a summer internship for up to five individuals for the summer. The internship will run from July 1st and run through August 17th. Interns will meet from 8am-11am every Tuesday and Thursday and 4:30pm-6:30pm every Monday and Wednesday. It is not mandatory that interns attend every session, although individuals who are able to attend through the entire summer will have priority. This is an unpaid internship.
During this 7-week internship, individuals will be working with horses on the ground. Each week will focus on a specific aspect of horse care, but all interns will be expected to groom and exercise the horses as well as clean stalls and maintain tack. Interns will learn about medical care, including how to assess a horse’s conformation and weight assessment, etc. The interns will culminate their knowledge in front of Hanaeleh volunteers at the end of the program.
1. Interns must be calm around the horses, able to take direction, have a good sense of humor, and have a willingness and desire to learn about horses and horse care. Interns should genuinely enjoy working around horses.
2. Age 16 years or older.
3. Completed application on file with Hanaeleh. Applications are due on Sunday, June 16th by 5pm.
4. All interns must have their own vehicle or access to a vehicle.
5. Interns should have some horse experience, but this is not a requirement. We are more concerned with the intern’s desire to learn more about horses.
6. Interns will not ride the horses, but they will be responsible for all care of horses on the ground. For that reason, all interns must wear appropriate clothing, including: jeans or other long pants, boots and gloves. Shirts should fit well without being too tight or too loose. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.
7. Because there is so much to learn, the interns may be asked to read or to look up information at home.
8. Interns should be on-time and communicate if they will be absent or late.
If any of these requirements are not met, interns may be dropped from the program.
You can access the application ON-LINE HERE
Or, send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.