Hanaeleh Summer Horse Academy!
Do you have a horse but realize that there is a lot you still need to learn?
Are you thinking about becoming an equine vet or trainer?
Are you looking to purchase a horse? Lease a horse? Just want to learn more about horses?
This is the academy for you!
This academy teaches you everything you won’t learn about caring for horses by taking lessons.
People have said that they want MORE information and MORE hands-on experience.
There are now five (FIVE!!!) different topics so you can sign up for the education and information you want to focus on!
CLINIC ONE: Medical Information
March 30, April 6, April 13 5:30pm-8:30pm
June 13, June 20, June 27 from 9am-12pm
This course covers how to give shots, check respiration and heart rate, giving medication, feed information and more!
CLINIC TWO: GROUNDWORK and FREE LONGEING
April 11, April 18, April 15 from 5:30pm-8:30pm- CLINIC FULL
OR June 15, June 22, June 29 from 9am-12pm
OR July 11, July 18, July 25 from 9am-12pm- CLINIC FULL
Learn how to connect and create a symbiotic relationship with horses!
CLINIC THREE: GROOMING- FROM BASIC TO ADVANCED
May 11, May 18, May 25 from 5:30pm- 8:30pm
OR June 17, June 24, July 1 from 9am-12pm
Learn tricks about grooming, braiding, clipping from the basics to the show ring!
CLINIC FOUR: SADDLING AND BRIDLING
June 13, June 20, June 27 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
Learn about different saddles and bridles, saddle and bridle fit, and best practices for tack care!
CLINIC FIVE: HORSE-HUMAN COMMUNICATION
June 15, June 22, June 29 from 5:30pm-8:30pm- CLINIC FULL
July 15, July 22, July 29 from 5:30pm-8:30pm– CLINIC FULL
Improve your relationship with the horse by working with them at liberty!
Ages 16+/ adults welcome!
Only $197 for each three week Academy!
These sessions will fill up quickly – Register below today!
A very limited number of students will be accepted.
Join 36-year horsemanship expert and founder of Hanaeleh, Elizabeth Zarkos, Ph.D. for a three-week intensive academy that helps people of all levels improve their ability to connect with horses.
Learn the various training techniques that Elizabeth uses in training and rehabilitating those horses who have been deemed “untrainable” by other professional trainers.
Work side-by-side with Elizabeth as she breaks down how she creates the individualized training regimen for each of the horses who come to Hanaeleh.
Each course will be tailored to each individual’s skill level. The program will give students the knowledge to work with horses safely and confidently about the following topics:
- Medical Care
- Sensory Training
- Fitting bits, bridles and saddles
- Understanding conformation
- Horse and human communication
During this three-week academy, individuals will be working with horses on the ground. Individuals from various levels are encouraged to apply; the experience will be tailored to each individual in order to ensure that everyone is safe and is continuing to learn.
1. Participants must be calm around the horses, able to take direction, have a good sense of humor, and have a willingness and desire to learn about horses and horse care. People enrolled in the clinic should genuinely enjoy working around horses.
2. Participants will not ride the horses, but they will be responsible for all care of horses on the ground. For that reason, all people enrolled must wear appropriate clothing, including: jeans, breeches or other long pants, boots and gloves. Shirts should fit well without being too tight or too loose. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.
3. Participants will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Testimonials from previous students
- “Great exposure to a lot of topics! It doesn’t matter what you have done in the past. Excellent class!” -Wendy
- “Learning how to understand horses and to build trust and relationships was invaluable. Thank you for a fantastic class!” -Nancy W.
- “I had a blast learning all about the horses! Elizabeth provided so much information!” -Hannah T.
- “The in-depth information was the best part of the class. I learned a tremendous amount.” -Natalie B.
- “The class was thoroughly enjoyable- I liked the hands-on under supervision. Great class!” -S.R.
- “My goal was to feel more comfortable and confident around these gorgeous animals and I feel it was accomplished. Thank you, Elizabeth!” -Cathy J.
- Best class I have ever taken.
- More classes please!
- This is an amazing class! I love how I am able to train and take care of the horses.
- I had so much fun and highly recommend coming.
Sign up Now! Only $197 for each clinic!
These sessions will fill up quickly – Register today!
A limited number of students will be accepted.
Please complete the form below to register and please let me know which clinic you are interested in attending.
I will get back to you within 24 hours.