Have you ever wanted to meet and hang out with our rescued horses? Come join us for our “workday” open house. We have some mulch that needs to be spread around the property which helps us keep the dust down.
Come on out! You’ll also get a tour of the property, meet each horse and hear their story. You’re welcome to bring carrots for the horses if you wish.
We will spread the mulch beginning at 10am and go until noon. Then, at 12:30 we will provide a tour of our property. You’re welcome to bring carrots and apples for the horses if you wish.
We’re located in Trabuco Canyon (Orange County) CA and we are the only non-profit horse rescue in Orange County.
Donation not required…but certainly welcome! Every penny donated goes to our horses’ care!
Children under the age of 18 are welcome but must be constantly supervised by their parent or guardian. #safetyfirst
Note: we require proof of vaccination on the ranch property so please bring your vaccination card and ID with you.
- Wear layers of clothing that you can remove if it gets warm.
- Boots are highly recommended, and please no sandals (open toe shoes and horses don’t mix well and can be hazardous)
- We provide water but please feel free to bring your own water and snacks! (you can also bring carrots and apples for the horses)
- There will be a volunteer on-site to direct you.
- Our ranch is in a rural but residential area. Please be respectful of our neighbors.
- Street parking is available but depending on numbers, you may have to park a little ways away.
- Only park OFF the pavement on our side of the street (unless you are directed by our parking volunteer).
- Do not park within 20 ft of horse trailers.
Hanaeleh is a 501(c)(3) (Tax ID 20-3255341) non-profit horse rescue operating in Southern California since 2004. We’re a Verified Rescue with Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries and Platinum-Star rated on Guidestar.
We rescue all breeds and ages of horses, and after we rehabilitate them, we work to find them new loving homes. When horses are not adoptable due to severe neglect or abuse, we provide sanctuary for them to live out their days knowing they’ll always be loved and cared for.
Please complete the form below to sign up and get directions. We keep our address private for the safety of our horses. Thanks for understanding 🙂