Update from Modjeska Ranch Rescue on the pony at Kern County is below. It looks like they need transport to OC- if you know of anyone who can transport this little guy, please contact Alicia at Modjeska Ranch Rescue: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s an update from our side along with some additional things I’ve been able to gather. First off, we can take him in as early as this Sunday so a foster home is no longer needed. We just need to arrange transport and raise the funds to cover it. If you can contribute, please reply with a pledge of what you can donate if we end up taking him. (email email@example.com) Transport would be from Bakersfield to Orange County. I have contacted the shelter and informed them we can take him if no other rescue or adopter is already working on getting him. Here’s what I’ve learned from the shelter:
1. They clarified that they no longer send animals to auction so he’s safe from that. They will keep him as long as possible but have not given me a deadline date. He is safe until at least next Tuesday.
2. He requires an experienced handler. A volunteer noted he can be jumpy and nippy with people but is likely to be halter broke.He doesn’t have a gentle disposition. Here’s what I’ve heard from others, none is confirmed through the shelter so take it or leave it.
1. There are interested adopters but the shelter has informed them he’s not up for adoption and that paperwork will need to go through state, which takes at least 14 days.
2. He may not be ready for pick up for another week or two. I am unsure of what the process is to pull a horse from this shelter so we may need to raise funds for pull fees if that is part of the reuquirement. I’m sorry this isn’t the most informative email but these are the pieces to the puzzle I’ve been able to gather so far. The important thing is, he’s safe at the shelter through Tuesday, if not longer. We are committed to taking him if we can get him here. Thank you again to everyone who’s working to get this guy safe. I’ll send another update when I hear more from the shelter.
5.6 UPDATE: We can take this little guy in June but there are two problems.
1. The shelter won’t hold him (I’ve asked).
2. We have no way to transport and don’t have the funds to pay someone. I know this isn’t a very helpful offer for this guy who is so urgent but i’m putting it out there. If there’s someone who can take him until June and get him to us in Orange County, he has a home waiting with us.